Guide to Building Board Support
You can take your Give Local 757! success to new heights on May 10th by leveraging your board members and their passion for your cause! Organizations with engaged board members raise approximately 2-3 times more than those that don’t involve their board in the planning process. This not only helps you raise more on Give Local 757!, but paves the way towards a stronger relationship with your organization’s board members. So how can you get your board excited for Give Local 757!? We’ve got you covered!
Ten Steps to Board Success:
- Have a Give Local 757! Kickoff at your next board meeting
- Include your board in your Give Local 757! goals
- Share regular updates throughout the planning process
- Provide your board members with clear opportunities and steps to help your organization reach its Give Local 757! goals
- Leverage your board members as Peer-to-Peer Fundraisers to help raise more and expand your reach on Give Local 757!
- On Give Local 757! update your board on your progress from beginning to end
- Encourage your board members to support you on Give Local 757! with matching funds, social sharing, and promotion of your participation with their networks
- Invite your board members to attend an in-person event during Give Local 757!
- Ask your board members to help you personally thank and steward your Give Local 757! donors
- Don’t forget “Thank You” to your board members for their help and hard work on Give Local 757! and celebrate a job well done